1. Jason Provo says:

    Im currently at a property that was sold,I never recived a written notice to vacate from the previous owner who sold and the new property owners are asking for rent and have served us a 30day notice 2days ago can I be evicted befor the 30 day notice.

    1. Hello Jason,

      It’s important to note that even without a formal lease, you have rights as a tenant in Texas. When a property is sold, the new owner typically assumes the responsibilities of the previous landlord, including any verbal or informal rental agreements.

      As per Texas law, a landlord must provide a written notice to vacate, and this notice typically should give you 30 days to leave the property. If you’ve received this notice only two days ago, you cannot be legally evicted before the 30-day period is up. During this time, it would be wise to either negotiate with the new property owner if you wish to stay or begin looking for a new place to live.

      If you feel your rights are being violated or the eviction process is not being properly followed, you may want to contact a local tenant’s rights organization or seek legal advice to explore your options. Keeping records of all communications with both the previous and current landlord can also be helpful in such situations.

      Good luck, and I hope this situation is resolved smoothly for you.

  2. Techonia Jones says:

    My name is Techonia Jones and I live in these apartments called reserve at eagle landing.my address is 1010 Sun prairie Dr. Apt g-401. I payed under the table to get in these apartments. I pay my rent. I don’t have a lease. So I ask them for my lease and they can’t never print me one out. So they are trying to take me to court

    1. Hello Techonia,

      It sounds like you’re in a challenging situation. Even without a traditional lease, you still have rights as a tenant in Texas, including the right to a habitable living environment and protection against unfair eviction. Since you’ve been paying rent, there’s an implied agreement, which offers you some level of protection. However, paying “under the table” complicates matters, especially regarding proving payments and the terms of your tenancy.

      I strongly recommend seeking legal advice from a tenant’s rights lawyer or a local legal aid organization to get a clear understanding of your rights and options in this situation. They can provide guidance on how to request a formal lease or what steps to take regarding the court process. Documentation of all your rent payments and any communications with the apartment management will be crucial.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *